Friday, November 12, 2004

science.

Protein yang dikeluarkan oleh sistem pertahanan apabila terdedah kepada antigen dikenali sebagai

A toksin
B antibodi
C antibiotik
D auksin

apakah kegunaan maklumat ini sekiranya anda tidak akan menjadi seorang doktor pada kemudian hari?

hrm. the big question.

so many people's been thinking i'm NUTS for taking mass comm after form 5 even though i'm a science student. i mean, COME ON LAAA.. why cant i make a choice i like?

here's a common conversation..

some auntie or uncle my parents meet up with in the open air market or sth :
so, *peering to look at me next to my parent* you're in.. ahm.. form 5 right?

me :
*nods* *smile sweetly*

auntie/uncle :
is it? ahh i see.. i heard you're in science stream horr?

me :
yes..

auntie/uncle :
aiyahh like that ahh! *claps me on my back* SURE another engineer or doctor one la hohh? *looks proudly at me* so what are you taking next year?

me :
erm.. i'm taking mass comm actually.

auntie/uncle :
*surprised look* ah? mass comm ah? what's that? cho ha mik eh? (hokkien direct translation : do what one?)

me :
i plan to be a journalist. i'm taking foundation in mass comm in limkokwing. i love to travel.

auntie/uncle :
harrr? ay thaan lui meh? (can earn money meh?) a ne liau si kan.. (so waste time..) you take science now for what leh? better go in arts..

me :
...

end of convo.

to sound polite, thank you very much for caring whether i'm wasting my time or not.. but it is MY time to waste however i want.

hrm.

so what if i'm in science now and going for an arts subject? who knows.. i might write about scientific astronomical articles for national geographic. ahaha~! now that's dreaming to the highest point laa.. but well, you get my picture. heh..

i love travelling. i love exploring. i want to see the world. i have high dreams. dreams that i can only achieve if i work hard enough.

i cant picture myself an engineer or a doctor. i cant picture myself in a boring 9 to 5 job working my ass off for a few K's every month doing the same boring routine every single day and NOT ENJOYING WHAT I DO. so what about the money? and as for those science stuffs, i'm just not science material, thank you very much.

so please, at least be HAPPY for me when i say i'll be doing mass comm. give me support. i need it. i need to be assured i'll be doing the righ thing because there are so many people against it.

thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home