Friday, November 25, 2005

reporting from the cnbc newsroom!

ahaha.. too bad it aint the real thing tho. i'm just reporting to my blog. =)

so anyways. had a pretty busy week this week. let me just sum it all quickly coz i've got another news to edit in about a few minutes' time.

monday - first day at work at 1000am! wheee. was feeling pretty much a little bit of everything (ie. excitement, nervousness, everything jumbled up in one) coz it's my first working experience somemore. ahahaa.. this spoilt brat here has never worked before in her entire life. was on the mrt to the office, when suddenly the train just stopped halfway on the tracks. i was like thinking, 'ohhh noo this is so not my day..' ahaha. but the day turned out quite all right actually. met andrea, who i'm supposedly interning under.. then there's gregg the big boss of the distribution team.. and quite a few more in network distribution. i even got free lunch! ahaha. andrea treated me to lunch saying how it's my first day and all.. and my office is on the 31st floor, so yeah. got a great view of the harbour as well. =D yeapz. that was first day of work for me.

tuesday - mom left for kuching early in the morning. left for work at 0800am. arrived a bit before 0900am. just nice. did the same thing as the day before - called up hotels in bangkok and hanoi to arrange for andrea's meeting with them next week. never knew such a simple thing like making phone calls and emailing can be so tedious. it's the waiting for reply part that's tiring. heh. making me sit there goyang kaki so much nia.

wednesday - more used to the whole office scene. andrea told me i could try a day at the production side of the office on friday. got pretty excited for it. same routine again.. waiting for replies and more phone calls for contracts and such..

thursday - need i say more? it IS office work after all. ehehe.. but it's alright la. not working my ass off. i'm actually pretty enjoying it. didnt really know that i would before i started. =) love my boss(es). they're all so sweet.

friday - today! and my day at the newsroom. been having loads of fun. i've visited here on monday with andrea la but it was just a quick tour. now, wow.. ehehe. it's all been very interesting. seeing anchors at work.. producers.. editors.. definitely a world i love. =) got some hands-on experience too with doing some transcribing and all.. *siGh. i cant wait to graduate! wahaha..

so yeah. that's what's been going on in my week as an intern so far. been loving it, that's for sure. till next time then. when i got time to sit and blog again. bubbye noww.. got work to do. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home